AMSEC utilizes and manages Western's online scheduling software. Facilities Online Manager (FOM) is a comprehensive software suite for scheduling equipment, tracking user status, granting lab access, keeping track of training, and much more. Any equipment that is managed by FOM can be accessed through one user portal governed by Western's CAS login. For a complete list of equipment that AMSEC offers, please see the AMSEC instrumentation page.
Once a user creates an account with FOM they will be able to
- make online reservations for instrumentation
- schedule instrument training
- schedule safety trainings
- request lab access
- communicate with staff
Creating User Account on FOM
- Go to Western's portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU.” A Western Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials.
- Fill out the User Registration* form and select submit. * If your supervisor isn't listed, email the AMSEC lab manager.
- Once your account is created, you can select equipment to be trained on from the User Home. Simply expand the home department for the equipment and choose the item you wish to use. You'll then enter your availability and submit the request. The equipment manager will respond to you with training information.
- You may have to complete one or more trainings to be able to access certain equipment.
- Once given access to an instrument, you may have to log out and back in for it to show up as available to you.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.